Thursday, September 2, 2010

Lets Define 'Single Mom'

When people ask a presumptuous question like, "What does your husband do?" I answer depending on my mood. If I had less than five hours of sleep the night before I will say something like, "He is a diamond miner!" (HINT: look at a woman's ring finger before you ask such questions.) Or, I will tell them that I am a single Mom. Apparently that puts the emphasis on my relationship status and not on Fiona's parental status. Single parent is working out better for me these days. Its eliminates further questions from prying strangers. Do I sound bitter? Really I'm not. BUT I am one of one parent. Lets get that much straight before I go to bed. I will start to tell you about my life tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I'm here to show support for bloggy cafemom goodness! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks lovinangels! I hope you are the first of many!

    ReplyDelete