Friday, September 3, 2010

Is he for real?

If you are a single parent like myself you already know the woes of dating. For me the biggest issue is finding the time. I would love to date and I hate to admit that I do get lonely. I was semi-excited when I met this person who we will refer to as 'M'. M is very attractive and has a sexy English accent. He is successful, never been married, and without children.He insisted that we exchange e-mail addresses and possibly get together. Behold:

"i am at a point in my life where i want to have something serious so i have to be selective...especially if you are not the type of girl i would usually date. i can definitely see why you would be interested in me...i am established in life, educated, speak 4 languages, have lots of hobbies, good with kids, etc. so it is quite obvious that i am a good fit for you. but the reverse is not so clear. we share a passion for books and movies...so that may be interesting, you also have a child and an opportunity to mentor a little one is definitely something i would want...other than that i am not entirely sure what you can offer me. so i wanted  see maybe there was more to you than what i was understanding. it is not a date, i don't make any promises, and i do need to "interview" you about specific things i find important. if you don't want to do this thats fine...but then you have no shot at me. if, on the other hand, you manage to change my impression of you i think you will like what comes next. And if I have to change my lifestyle (that I enjoy quite a bit) you really have to turn out to be an amazing person and bring a lot to the table to compensate for the things I would be losing. think I would like to invite you out for coffee and talk to you a bit one on one. This would give me a better feel to figure out what is possible and what is not. Let me know when a good time would be for you."    -M


So what do you think? This is from the same guy who was so thrilled when he learned that I liked to read because "its rare for Americans to read". Are you reading this?

3 comments:

  1. ummm wow !talk about putting pressure on you to measure up.... i think i'd go through with the meeting just to see if he's all the he measures himself to be...and i think when he asks what i could offer, i'd say 'well, i guess you'll have to see for yourself.' Geez !!!! almost sounds like maybe he has a tonne of money he wants to protect...which may kind of encourage you to check him out...on the other hand, he could be looking to find out if you have money ! I'm very curious what you did ???

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should say though that his ego would be enough for me to just ignore too....lol....and the part about children of course gets my back up....maybe i'm just overly suspicious...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know whats funny? I told him I wasn't interested. A couple weeks have gone by and he e-mailed me last night asking if I have changed my mind! So I told him that I'm very busy and don't know when I will be available (which is true) but that I will go out with him. I will definitely keep you updated!

    ReplyDelete